Our funds are allocated to buy the following:
Medical supply and protection for eight centres in Cameroon, three in Ivory Coast, two in DR of the Congo and one in Chad:
- Protective goggles
- Other supplies for medical protection
- COVID-19 tests
- Other medication (mainly chloroquine)
- Hydroalcoholic Gel
- Other cleaners and sanitizer
Awareness-raising measures and education to prevent the spread of the virus:
- Home care health guidelines and procedures: we will send home care guidelines and procedures adapted to Sub-Saharan Africa to deal with new cases
- Information aimed at health workers:we will send information about how to deal with new patients arriving at health centres
- Preventative measures aimed at the community:communication via megaphone within neighbourhoods in South-Cameroon to prevent the spread of the virus.
- Support from Spain to Africa via telemedicine:diagnostic orientation about possible COVID-19 infections in African clinics, guidelines, and procedures on usage of COVID-19 tests, guidelines and procedures on health centres cleaning and guidelines and procedures on how to make hand sanitizer gel.
The measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 have changed our lives drastically. But this new reality should not stop us from looking beyond our borders. We must not forget about Africa.
While it is too early to quantify the damage that COVID-19 will cause in Africa, we know that Africa has limited capacity ( lack of medical supplies, insufficient health infrastructures, limited drinking water access ) to mitigate the effects of the virus.
We will fight against COVID-19 by purchasing medical supplies such as facemasks, gloves, test or medication. We will also inform the African community on how to protect themselves against it.
WE NEED YOU